Terraria got its latest patch today. According with the developers, there should be about 50 new items.
I patched my game around 8pm and played for about 3 hours. In those 3 hours, all I did was explore and get some of those new items. The game is really getting really large. Some things I noticed so far:
- The Guide is incredible useful now, not just for new players: A new option, “Crafting”, will allow you to drop an item and check what can be made with it.
- Corrupted bunnies are in the game.
- The desert biome is alive. It’s not just sand anymore, but new mobs and even cacti.
- The number of plants you can get is huge. I may finally have to do some farms.
- 3 hours playing and I didn’t go underground once. Too many new things around.
- Surface jungle? Not seen it yet.
- Glowing sticks. I can’t stop thinking about The Cheat.
- I’m kinda screwed with my Terraria crafting maps.
- The world generation is much more interesting now.
Two surprise teasers for the incoming Terraria patch 1.0.5.
First, Tiy posted some screenshots in the forums, showing a new enemy and the incoming “buffs” that you can get with the new alchemy system.
Second, a 1.0.5 gameplay was posted, showing some buffs in action and some new stuff (spoiler: new ores, maybe?)